Southern Georgia and Northern Florida People!!!!!! Please help me out

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
DH and I are considering moving from Delaware to Northern Florida or Southern Georgia..DH got a job offer in Jacksonville, Fl.

Soooo....what's it like there?? Weather? Land? Community?

If you are a gardener, it's glorious, 10 months of the year...July and August, just let the weeds and the bugs have it. If you plan on raising chickens, I'd try to buy property, from a private owner...So much of the land, has been snatched up, for development, and comes with all kinds of restrictions.

We're a bit south of Jax in Keystone Heights. We just moved here from Middleburg (where the last poster is from) because more land, less restrictions here. The weather's hot most of the year, but now it's getting down in the 30's at night...doesn't last long though. What I love about Keystone is part of it's a big 'ol sand hill. Great for chickens. I have a never ending supply of bedding (sand) for free!

Community's hard to say, it depends where you go. Do you have kids in school because that would change things too...let me know if I can help with any more specifics!

Duval county schools are not very good. Since you have young kids I would look at St. Johns or Clay county, both have mostly A schools. How much land would you need? If a lot Clay county doesn't have much except maybe Middleburg, Green Cove Springs and Keystone. Keystone has the best schools of those 3 but is furthest from Jax. Don't know much about St. Johns county but I'm sure you'd probably pay a lot more for land over there...

Back
Top Bottom