southern Indiana/Louisville Ky.

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by FLOWERPOT, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Badhbh

Badhbh Songster

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I'm game, especially if it's in the Southern Indiana hemisphere [​IMG]
    I have a giant backyard. Lets have a picnic and bring chikins [​IMG]

2. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Songster

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think we are getting a plan together now!!
    So anyone have a date in mind they like?
    We can do our own little chicken swap/sale
    and cook out!!

I am a poker dealer at Caesars 7 years in Aug. I went part time 1 &1/2 years ago, so only working 2 nights a week now.

Y'all, I went to tsc today in Charlestown after a doc. appt. and got MORE CHICKS!!! 10 little silkies!!!
    2 black, 2 splash, 6 white, I will be so happy when they Quit selling chicks this year

Kelly

3. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Songster

You went to Orschlens in Charlestown? , ( I really wish that was a TSC there)... Just checking cause I am quite interested in getting some silkies....Much left? What were the prices on the silkies?

As for Milton, (my two cents here) they are having their Spring flea market/livestock sale thing on May 10th. Personally I feel that's coming up kinda soon for everyone to try to make it. BUT I totally agree that the people that can attend meet up and have lunch and swap chickens if we want to....See how that goes and then we can actually plan something "bigger" come the Fall flea market/livestock sale. Something like bringing something to raffle off, be it feeders, chickens, feed, what have you. The raffle off the money that comes in from the first raffle....No money being taken in just trading, and raffling stuff off. Again "my two cents".
    There has been alot of talk from folks in the KY area also interested in doing this, but nothing has been nailed down yet.

Thoughts?

4. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Songster

Im sorry should have mentioned this....People start setting up on Friday evening, and it goes through til Sunday. Being that Sunday the 11th is Mother's Day I would imagine the 10th would be the best for everyone to attend. [​IMG]

5. hoosier

hoosier Songster

May 10 sounds good - I thought it wasn't until September. I'm getting excited now.

6. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Songster

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    We have talked about doing to at the Shepardsville chicken swap. They are there every saturday morning til about noon. There has been some planning and talk but very little movement. Look at the post marked "what about KY?' I would attend if it was close enough and those darn kids of mine don't already have that day locked up for soccer or baseball.

7. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Songster

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    ChickenCop I pmd you. I love your idea of a raffle!! I will donate a 50lb. bag of chick food, or something!!!

Where do yall want to have it? Someones place or at a park? Edwardsville park is great! and at the far end is a nice area for something like this, Just an idea, whatever yall want is fine with me!!

May 9th is my Birthday!!!! That sounds like something fun to do.
    I wanna go to Milton!!! (Jumping up and down)

8. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Songster

Flowerpot PM sent back...email me we can "brainstorm"!

9. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Songster

Yes, wyldhorses and I have been kicking it around quite a bit. Chatting was heavy on the KY section about possibly doing it in Sept. Again this would allow people to work out plans to get there. I would be more than happy to meet up with some folks in May...How about we just meet up see what kinda turn out we get and then really plan something BIG in Sept. I have never been there so i really cant say what setup they have to a picnic area or a place for us to sit around and BS chicken stuff. Yolanda (wyldhorses) advised there is a park area there so it would be good to do something like that there.

I believe the lack of participation at doing something at Shephardsville is there really aint much of a meeting place...parking lot thats it, and unless your there at dawn your going to miss any chickens that "might" be there up for sale. I have no problems with that just the kinda vibe im getting thats all.

IMO

edit due to typo

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  10. Badhbh

Badhbh Songster

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I'm good for May. I'm terrible at long term plans. Tell me when and where [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: