Southern TN New Chicken Family!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickengirlsTN, Jan 6, 2013.

1. chickengirlsTN

chickengirlsTN New Egg

Jan 5, 2013
    Prospect TN
    Hi everyone!! I am LeAnn and am brand sparking new to chickens. I grew up with cattle and on a crop farm, but just got into the chicken world!! I am going to just answer the starter questions:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Brand new!! We were fortunate enough to be given 6 laying hens, feeder, layer pellets, scratch corn, and two bales of straw!!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 6 girls

(3) What breeds do you have? I am fairly certain of this, but had little info on the breeds, oer than co,paring my girls to pics here, but I think I have 2 barred rock, 2 RIR, and 2 black astrolorps (sp?)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? I googled chicken coop plans and found it!!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love to hunt, fish, and play with my daughter!!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I have been married to Anthony for 8 1/2 years. I am 28 (29 and holding in 10 days!!) and he is 32. We have a little girl, Annalee who will be three in 14 days. We do not have any other pets currently. I am a registered X-ray tech and he is a certified injection molding technician at a automotive headlight factory. We love to watch football, racing, and build things ( I ask for tools for presents!!)

Mainly, we just wanted something that our daughter could grow up around learning the value of agriculture and hard work. She gets to help feed, water, and collect eggs, as well as help spread new straw in the coop. We cannot wait to get more!!

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined!!!

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, LeAnn, welcome to BYC.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, LeAnn, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! Best of luck to you and your birds!!

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by