SouthWest Virginia Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by pamperedpoultry, Jan 29, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

HELLO ALL!!! Anyone from the Southwest Virginia area. I'm down next to The TN border and an hour away from the West Va and NC border...Lookin for any fellow chicken lovers close to me....New to the forum, lovin it so far!! I've started raising bantam chickens of all kinds cant get enough of the lil critters...... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. hobbieorb

hobbieorb Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    wythe, Virginia
    Hello, I am from wytheville, dont look like there are many of us from this end of Va, I got the chicken bug last year when I went to a feed store and they had all kinds of peeps in a water trough, so I got 6 golden comets, 4 arucauna, 1 leghorn hen, and 1 leghorn roo.So this year I bought a bator and got a few eggs out of our chickens and a few from a neighbor, hope to have some peeps 2/14. Now I would like some silkie eggs (any kind of eggs also), because they are pretty and my wife likes them. This bug bites hard. See ya

3. pamperedpoultry

Ha Ha It bites hard!!! I started out last summer with just one pair as pets and HELLO here I am today Only 8 Months later and I have over 70 some bantams different kinds.... Most of which I raised.

So far your the only one that close to me which isn't far at all....theres not to many I've found down on this end. Anyhows Nice meeting ya!! talk to ya soon [​IMG]

4. gordy123

gordy123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2009
    falls village, ct
    wish I was a sw virginia peep! Looking to move to west virginia, virginia where all the people seem to be a lot nicer.

5. pamperedpoultry

We are some friendly people...more down to earth.... We're actually in Virgina just the southern west end... But not too far from West Virginia..

6. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    [​IMG]

Just found this, I'm from Dickenson County.

[​IMG]

7. pamperedpoultry

Quote:Hello!! your not to far at all..

8. sldebord

sldebord New Egg

Apr 14, 2009
    Bristol checking in with you guys!

9. pamperedpoultry

HEY!! Hey neighbor..

10. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

Just poking my head in to say that we're here and from around Hungry Mother's Park.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by