SouthWestern PA, need a FEW eggs; Silkie and Buff Orp, will pick up!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Suellyn, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    I am looking for a few (3 or 4) Silkie hatching eggs, and the same amount of Buff Orpington eggs.

I would like to find someone(s) within driving distance of my home (I live a few miles South of Pittsburgh, PA), I would prefer not to ship the eggs, especially with such a tiny order!!

I am a newbie that never envisioned chickens as a part of my life, until my daughter Sami, who, at only 4 yrs old, is a certified chick-a-holic, and has inspired me to look into it.

After much research, a "chicken theme" birthday party (complete with live chickens from a local BYC member!), and a new little incubator, I can pretty much guarantee that whatever hatches out of these eggs will be just about the happiest, most adored "pet chickens" in the history of chickendom.

I have 2 private acres, and 2 little girls (ages 61/2 and my chicken crazy 4 yr old), and HEAVEN KNOWS these birds will be PETS, altho personally, I would really like some eggs (Orps!!).

Let me know if you have anything, and it would be a MAJOR BONUS if I could bring my girls with me to stare at some chickens, maybe throw them a handful of scratch, they will seriously collect eggs and even pick up chicken poo if you want...

I am kinda an "animal person" (Zookeeper, certified veterinary technician), but my experience with chickens is LIMITED, however I am looking to "take the leap"... thanks much!!! -Suellen

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    How far are you willing to travel? I have silkies and buff orpingtons that have just started to lay. Let me know if you are interested. Oh, the eggs are free if you make the trip. [​IMG]

3. Suellyn

Suellyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    SouthWestern PA
    Wow, what a REALLY NICE offer! Thanks!! [​IMG]

I am trying to stay within an hour or so of where I live... am somewhat flexible about it, though... especially for some buff orps!!

I DID find someone about 45 minutes from me who will have some silkie eggs in about two weeks, have been PM-ing back & forth with her.

Looked at your website, you've got some very pretty chickies!

How far are you from Jefferson Hills, PA?

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry I didn't get back to you right away. I replied back to your PM that you sent me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by