Soy free chicken feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ronnie2, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    Who are suppliers that sell "soy free" all natural chicken feed. My daughter in law is highly allergic to soy?

2. Ronnie2

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    Thank you so much. I'm already buying Coyote creek farms from our local feed store, but I what I din't no was the soy free organic was also available in pellets. Now I will ask for that when I order next week

3. GC-Raptor

GC-Raptor Overrun With Chickens

Jul 26, 2016
    Connecticut, U.S.A.
    Nutrena Naturewise Hearty Hen, Soy free, 18% Protein, added Omega 3.
    Good luck finding it.
    It's not at my local TSC. GC

barred2rock likes this.
  4. tigger19687

tigger19687 Chillin' With My Peeps

@GC-Raptor They have that at all the local Agways or small feed stores around here. I think it runs about $35 for a 25# or 35# ?

GC-Raptor likes this.
  5. GC-Raptor

GC-Raptor Overrun With Chickens

Jul 26, 2016
    Connecticut, U.S.A.
    I use a soy based feed, but I would try it, for the 18% Protein and the added Omega 3. I'm also curious as to what they used as a replacement for the soy.
    Thank you for the info. GC

6. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Hearty Hen shouldn't been near that expensive. Last I tried it, it was the same price as other layer at the time. Their ingredients probably changed, but when it came out they used Canola & a few other things to up the protein. Canola is a major GMO plant, so you are not getting away from that. Nature's Best Organic is supposed to come out with a soy free in September. Their regular layer is $24.99/40 pounds at TSC. Don't know what their soy-free will be. Green Mountain has an organic soy free in NE. That is a very good feed!

GC-Raptor likes this.
  7. tigger19687

tigger19687 Chillin' With My Peeps

Green Mountain has an organic soy free in NE, It is $38 for 50# bag for me here in MASS

Ronnie2 and Cindy in PA like this.
  8. Ronnie2

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    Thanks Tiger, I put that on my list to see if they come down to N.E.Texas. I'll put that on the list that SunHawKwon along with others have provided.

9. NickTX

NickTX Just Hatched

Aug 2, 2017
    We've used Coyote Creek, h and h, new country organics and texas natural feeds.
    We like h & h and new country organics
    We only feed soy free

Ronnie2 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by