Spaghetti...Pasta....

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by j71, May 17, 2010.

1. j71

j71 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    when is or what is...too much??

I have a Delware with a very damaged beak...we had a run in with a coon almot 4 weeks ago. Besides the busted beak shes good....

She was eating here in there but it seems like less n less....so, for the time being here is what I have been doing...

I take cooked spaghetti noodles (long ones) or Linguini noodles and I rub them in a bowl of the chicken mash that has been watered down to a cream o wheat type mixture....I then hold noodles above chicks head and she eats them down one after the other....So, she is getting some of her mash/feed on the noodles which I imagine is helping her get the nutrients n stuff she needs....

But, my question is....how much pasta can a chick chick eat if a chick chick could eat......Spaghetti???? Shes been getting plenty!

Is there ever too much pasta for a chick? She is about a year or so old now....

TY!!

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    If it's what she can eat with the damaged beak then I would be offering her at least a 1/3 c. of it mixed with her regular feed, at least twice a day.
    I have a hen that has trouble keeping weight on. I offer her macaroni and cheese (something she loves and won't just pick at) twice a day. I let her eat her fill. Not the best nutrients in the world for her, but at least she'll eat it.

3. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    If I had it I would go for whole wheat pasta.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by