Spalsh Silkie Eggs

I have Blue/black/splash silkie eggs. 12+ for $22 shipping included. I think you'll have a hard time finding splash only because most people don't breed them like that. Splash on splash dilutes the spots too much, and then they just look white or washed out. Let me know if you want any.

Yes, they are a combo. I have no way to tell who is laying what. and I don't do the paint-the-butt thing. LOL. The roo in that pen is Blue, I have 1 splash hen, 1 black hen, and 2 blue hens, all breeder quality. I have been getting mostly blue and splash, not many blacks. Let me know if you want some. I have 6 collected now from the last 2 days.

Yea I'd like to get some ...I have a black roo and i got some eggs from cj and hatched....6 of 14 so far....but most are b/b/s and the 2 splash that made it to lockdown have done nothing so I'm wanting some splashes...I know picky one...Don't really need to be 12+ eggs...either way ...

I think I"ll just go ahead and purcahse some from you seems like my best bet. NOW i'm wondering....from what I've noticed silkies seem to be harder to hatch....any ideas on why is that...I lost some eggs before due to the fan drying them out so I outed the fan now....for the silkies i upped my humidity that seemed to help to BUT with 14 eggs went to lockdown only 6 hatched and tossed 10 so.......trying to figure this stuff out...

Okay, right now I have 4 BBS, not 6, sorry. I can collect until I get as many as you'd like. 6 or 8? I'll do up to 8 for $18 shipping included. I'm not sure why you're having trouble. It could be a lot of things. I use a Brinsea Ovaeasy 190 to incubate and a Brinsea Mini Advance to hatch. I dry incubate, only adding water occassionally, but I am in Florida, so our humidity is higher than most places. I try to keep the humidity as high as possible during the last couple days and I usually don't have a problem. I just starting hatching myself this past summer and it took a few bad batches to tweak my method, but now I almost always get near 100% develop and hatch from my line. Shipped eggs almost always lowers your hatch rate. If you want, you can send the payment on Paypal to [email protected], specify how many you'd like and your address, and I'll get them out to you asap.

6-8 sounds great...I got a 1602 hovabator and hatched Blue laced Red wayandottes from chickenscratchpoultry....10 for 10 development 8-10 hatching. Then I set some silkies...nothing batch of 5 that developed next time of 3 that made it to lockdown hatched 1...So I ordered some from cj tossed 10 and 14 went to lockdown...6 hatched only 2 splash made it to lockdown neither hatched. I usually dry hatch here and its not humid and had pretty okay results BUT was told by cj my humidity needs to be between 70-75% for the silkies because their shells seem to be thicker which I've noticed so that seemed to help yesterday.

I would up that hatching humidity definitely. Okay, so I will collect for the weekend and ship you everything I get on Monday. I'll update you how many I get and tracking number. And either you can send the payment or I can send you an invoice on Paypal.

Back
Top Bottom