Spam/virus infested emails from forum member

RedReiner

Songster
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Monroe, Wa
my spam box is full of emails from a member of this forum, I am not sure why as I have never had any contact with this person. they are links to spam and some have attachments. I do not open them but would like to know how that persons email got hacked and sent me emails. the only place the name appears is here in the forums. how did it get my email from this persons postings? I have not contacted the person yet but thought this should be brought to the attention of those in charge.

We take spam, security, and other issues like this VERY seriously. Please send me a PM with the username and email address sending you spam and we'll review and take action where needed!

I spent last night looking thru 7000 emails...yeah I KNOW I should learn to delete... and I did find that email address in my email, quite a ways back. apparently had emailed from craigslist about a chicken. so it came from her end, apparently she does not delete emails either lol. Happy that BYC was not the common place for the spam to have come from, sorry I wasted your time. I dont think my email is in my profile, maybe it is I will look. Thanks again for taking a look and paying attention to the complaints, even if the complainer is wrong (guilty frow )

Thank You Nifty for looking into it so quickly, I could not for the life of me figure out how an email hack could get address's from BYC. glad that wasnt the case!!

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom