Spanish help please!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Feb 24, 2012.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Our neighbors are having a big party this weekend for a family member who is getting married. Some of the family speak English and some don't. We have an odd configuration on our farm where their backyard flows right into part of our property and their driveway runs up to where our brooders, goat pen, and steers are located. Anyway, we know that sometimes their kids open our brooders to show others our chicks. We are going to install hook and eye closures up where the kids can't reach them so that will solve that issue. I don't want adults opening our brooders during the party though (the brooders are more like 10 x10 sheds). I know they don't intend any harm, I would just rather they not open them at all. I want to put signs on the brooder doors asking them not to open the door. How do I say that in Spanish as politely as possible?

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My sarcastic self would paint a open door and a gun . But more nicely but prob .my dora spanish tells me " no abre puerta por favor"" and
    "no toque los pollos" do not touch the chickens. No need to be too nice, its your proberty.

3. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I know I don't need to be nice, but these are nice people and we get along with them fairly well. They always welcome our kids to play in their yard on their trampoline, even when they aren't home. The wife sometimes helps us with processing chickens and they gave us some of their Christmas goat this year when we weren't feeling well enough to cook. It may not even be an issue, I just want to be cautious.

4. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    You can get fancy and use "No toque los pollitos, por favor". As long as you throw in a "por favor" (please) it's polite. Add "Muchas Gracias" and a smiley face, and you're extra polite!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by