Sparky the Sizzle Chick has friends!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shelleyb1969, Nov 7, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I just want to let those of you who know of my sizzle chick, Sparky...well, she has 10 new friends! [​IMG] I'm now calling Sparky a "she" because 1) I'm hoping she's a girl [​IMG] and 2) the pendulum trick indicated she's a girl [​IMG] .
    I got 5 light brahma bantams and 4 blue cochin bantams from Ideal today, plus I had a Salmon Favorelle bantam hatch this morning.
    Miss Sparky is being such a great big sis to all of the little ones. She's actually teaching them a lot, and it's so cute to watch her "groom" them. I'm so proud of her! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    That is adorable.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    hey...where are the packing peanuts???? must see the peanuts!

4. shelleyb1969

And here's Miss_Jayne's new babies, my packing peanuts from Ideal...aren't they gorgeous!

[​IMG]

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    awww adorable!!!!!! I got packing peanuts if anyone wants them.... craigslist is a lost cause this time of year and Ideal sent me 9 of the lil buggers. All are barred rock standards and getting huge fast. I have no room for these lunkers, altho they are adorable they can't stay [​IMG]

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:oooooooh! now i am so excited. oh, my little honeys! thanks, Shell.

7. shelleyb1969

They could be mistaken for bigs drops of honey! They're gorgeous, and very quiet little guys. And THANK YOU Miss_Jayne for taking all 8 of them!

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:pack 'em up and ship them to me! ha ha! i always have room for babies.

hurry up Husband and get home to take me to Shelley's house!

9. crazychicken

crazychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    NC
    don't you just love packing peanuts [​IMG]

i would love to be able to order a big batch from ideal the only problem is i would get one order then say you know what i do want those add them to my order but then these are just adorable i have to get a few of them and how can i not get any of these.

and i would be up to my almost six feet up eyeballs in chicks.

i am 5' 9''

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:you know you're gonna. dooooo it.
    you only have an inch and a half on me. and i haven't drowned in them yet, including an order of 180....dooooooo it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by