Spay and Neuter your pets!!! **VIDEO**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by [email protected]@2four, Nov 19, 2008.

1. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    There should be a mandated law for anyone who chooses to breed cats and dogs to sell them, that they must accept them back if the new owner cannot care for them for any reason. Any responsible breeder would do so and ensure their animal does not end up in a shelter.

In addition, there should be more accountability on people who buy animals and not give them the ease of dumping them in a shelter. I'm sorry, but you can't dump your child off when you're tired of them and you certainly shouldn't be able to do so for any living creature. Be responsible and live up to what you said you would do..provide a caring, loving home for the animal for its lifetime.

Jody

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Well actually you can, but you have to drop them at a safe place, however they still seem to be getting tossed in the trash.

4. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:AGREED...I just happened to come across that video...someone had posted it on craigslist in my area. When I viewed it, my heart just broke. I see so many people posting "puppies for sale" and "kittens for free" it's just insane! [​IMG]

5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    I didn't watch the vid, because I need no further convincing, nor do I need a good cry in the afternoon. I just don't understand the dog breeding bug. Some otherwise super-nice and reasonable people get it in their mind that a dog is so good it must be bred, and inevitably end up with a passel of pups they can't care for. I had a friend recently ask if he could breed my dog before I had her spade (she's not a mutt). I couldn't believe my ears. Not two weeks earlier he was trying to talk me into taking a great Pyr another friend of his had bred and not for the first time. There are ads in every local publication I pick up, not to mention the Wal-mart parking lot, from folks trying desperately to unload these extra animals. I don't care if it's pure bred. If you don't have the capability to care for all the puppies yourself, don't breed it. There are no guarantees someone will want your product and your product happens to be living thing.

6. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:WELL SAID!!!!

7. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    [email protected]@2four :

I see so many people posting "puppies for sale" and "kittens for free" it's just insane! [​IMG]

Dont forget "FREE ROOSTERS TO A GOOD HOME" ya gotta love craigs lists.​

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Quote:Dont forget "FREE ROOSTERS TO A GOOD HOME" ya gotta love craigs lists.

May as well read "Free dinner".

9. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:Dont forget "FREE ROOSTERS TO A GOOD HOME" ya gotta love craigs lists.

Oh my word, I know!!!

10. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:But its always little roosters that would be more like "Free SNACK"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by