Spazzing about Raspberry! Cute vidoe XD

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kedreeva, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Thought I would share something to brighten someone's day! I offered my 3.5 week old peachick a raspberry, and she went wild about it! I don't know what her plan was with no solid ground but she did not want to let me have it back!

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That was fun. Are peachicks normally that friendly?

Imp

3. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    cute!

4. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Quote:From what I understand, the level of friendliness in my peachick is not typical. I have put a LOT of work into this particular chick. I hatched her myself and she spent her first night of life drying off cuddled with me in bed instead of alone in the incubator. I have spent hours a day handling her, talking to her, petting her, letting others handle her. She learned to ride on my shoulders while I did my chores after work. Their brooder is in my room so when I settle at night I can talk to them while I do things. For the first two weeks I fed them a wet mash off my fingers in addition to their crumbles, so they learned to come to my hands. They never get any treat unless they take it from me.

Now, when I come in the room she paces in front of the door of the brooder until I open it. She jumps to the edge and either flies to me or waits for me to put my hand down so she can step o and get a ride to my shoulders. She sleeps there or in my lap while I'm on the computer and tolerates a lot of petting.. She steps down from my shoulders if I put a hand up for her to step down onto. And she battles me for raspberries and cat food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by