Speackledhen -- check out the twins ( and a few others )

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well I thought I would get an updated pic of Scarlet and Rhett the 2 little orph chicks - they are doing great and loving life outside in the baby hoop coop with a little crew of misfit bantys LOL

Here are the GIRLS ( I hope )

[​IMG]

here are a few of thier hc mates

a banty frizzle cochin pullet and 2 other pullets

[​IMG]

this is BOB and standard somerthingerother - he was dropped on our doorstep when he was a little fuzzybutt - have no clue what breed he is
    [​IMG]

my little frizzle roo

[​IMG]

Blue Roo ( keeping him )

[​IMG]

and my little brown frizzle roo
    [​IMG]

so you can see why I am really wanting Scarlet and Rhett to be pullets LOL

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, Julie, the one on the right side of the pic looks like a cockerel to me. Cant tell on the other one from that picture. You may have to switch the names, LOL

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Lovely!

How are you doing, Cyn?

4. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I will have DH help me bring them inside this weekend so I can get better pics of them-- oh man I really hope I dont have another rooster - I cant find homes for the ones I have now !!!!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I hope they're both girls, too, Julie. My customers have better luck hatching girls than I do, usually. Cindy, I'm doing fine, if I can live through the heat. If it's over 75, it's REALLY hot to me, LOL. Thanks for asking!

6. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well Cyn with my luck lately if I LOOK at an egg it will hatch a roo - if I go to the feed store and look at the chicks I will ALWAYS pick the roo !!!

out of the 10 banty cochins in with the orph twins I got 5 roos to hatch out !! and that huge chick in there was dropped on the door step - I touched it so now you know it had to turn into a roo !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by