Speackledhen ~~ here are the orph twins

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Well here they are the orphs twins looking very grown up and HUGE lol

they were hatched out on June 6th or 9th - one of those days ~lol~ they were hatched under my silver laced cochin Lacey Bear and they are now as big as she is

here is Scarlet - is she a little southern belle ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here is Rhett

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rhett showing off how big SHE [​IMG] is -- Rhett is just alittle bigger thn Scarlet about the only way I can tell them apart - for now anyway

[​IMG]

so did we get lucky and end up with 2 pullets ?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hmm, 12 weeks or so old, then. I'm not sure on Rhett yet. Let me go grab some pics of Suede and Velvet at that age and I'll be right back. Then we'll see what you think.

Here's Velvet and Suede both at 12 weeks old. In the last pic you can clearly see the hanging saddle feathers on Suede.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

**** Looks like Rhett could be a pullet, although could also be a later blooming cockerel. Definitely the comb is not as developed as her daddy's at that age. I can't see the saddle area on Rhett in the pics, so I'm not positive about her being a her.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    hmmmm neither one of them have saddle feathers or the neck feathers that roosters get they both have nice soft "pullet butts" lol - there is nothing screaming rooster about either of them but Rhett has me stumped on the comb and little wattles that she does have --

I will try and get some body shots of them - they were not to happy to have thier pictures taken this morning ~lol~

they are calm birds and very quiet and they will let me hold them they just dont want to be picked up lol

wow at 12 weeks thier daddy was very rooish looking - maybe there is hope I have pullets after all [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by