Speackledhen - look how they have grown..... PICS ADDED

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, May 27, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well here are my 2 BR bsbies - Maverick and Annabelle.

Maverick is so sweet he will let me pick him up and carry him around all day, such a sweet calm boy.

Annabelle is a little nut case - flighty and really does not like being held much, but she will let me hold her once I get her.

So far I dont see any saddle feathers and he has not tried crowing yet....
    funny things is Maverick is the darker one and Annabelle is a real light color.

Maverick - sorry a little blurry he kept trying to jump off the couch and explore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is flighty Annabelle
    [​IMG]

2. Tutter

Tutter Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    Aren't they a nice looking pair! And how wonderful to have such a lovebug rooster! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Aw, I love my BR roosters! Many here will remember I had one named Maverick, too! Here's my Maverick-hope yours will stay as sweet as mine was. I sold him so he could have his own harem of lovely ladies to a lady in Alabama.
    [​IMG]

4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Songster

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    What a nice pair of BRs! he's a really handsome roo! Annabelle is so pretty.

The older roo there is quite a looker!

5. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Songster

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Awwweeee! So cute! How old are they now?

Thanks for sharing your pics!
    Kim

6. kaylakala

kaylakala Songster

Mar 19, 2008
    Melbourne Florida
    How lovely!!!
    Thanks for sharing the pics

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Maverick and Annabelle joined our family April - 23 -- I think they were about 1-2 days old when we got them from TSC.

hard to believe I have only had them here for a month - they really do look older than that.

Cyn -- your Maverick was a very handsome roo - I cant wait till my little man gets his saddle feathers and starts to look more grown up.

I have been holding him daily and carry him around the yard hope that keeps him as sweet as he is now.

After reading about so many wonerful BR roo's I was hoping that when I went to TSC I would get me one ( I think its the only time I was hoping to get a roo ).

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Julie, I have had wonderful experiences with Barred Rock boys. There are always exceptions, but by and large, they are one of the great breeds in the roosters, IMO. (Oh, I got your envelope today-thanks!).

9. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Songster

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    They do look so healthy! I wish I had some BR. I've heard such wonderful things about the breed. I knew they were dependable layers, but it's good to know that the roos have good dispositions.

Good to see you posting again, Julie! [​IMG]

How's your breeder's coop coming along?

10. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well my breeding pens have to put on hold right now -- with the pulled muscle in my back it is making breathing hard - let alone anything else,, plus DH has second degree sunburn on his legs from a weekend of fishing in shorts and forgetting his sunblock !

right now I have one lagre main layer run/coop -- and hopefully this weekend I will be able to get another coop done in a smaller run that is 10 foot wide 31 feet long and the coop will be 10 foot by 5 foot

my banty's are going in it and at some point we will be adding a coop at the other end and spilting that pen in half

I have 10 cochin banty's that hatched on mothers day - 3 turned out to be frizzle [​IMG] so we will be doing some breeding with them.

I have to see what hatches out of the blue orp eggs my broody is sitting if I get 1 roo and 3 pullets a pen will be made for them also - but we will wait and see. she is on day 19 today

I managed to get a hoop coop done that is 9 feet long by 3 feet wide that has a small coop attached that Maverick and a few others are in right now until they are older

so things have been very busy - painful and busy LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: