Speaking of Chicken Poo... Poo-be-gone!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Happy Chicken Mama, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Funny Story...

I have been dreading cleaning out my coop for weeks now. Spring has long since sprung in sunny Florida is almost over and summer is well on its way. The smell of the coop is lingering longer in the sun... you get the idea...

We had a nice day today so I thought I'd bite the bullet and do my first annual serious coop cleaning. I got out there with the wheel barrow, shovel, and rake and promptly decided that this was not for me.

I went straight to the computer and posted an ad on craigs list for free chicken poop & weekly grass clippings... a whole years worth! I said that if they didn't come get it this week that it was going in my composter (the one I have been procrastinatingabout and haven't built yet).

Within an hour I have had three responses to come tomorrow!

God Bless America.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. Four Acre Bliss

Four Acre Bliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    Great idea!

3. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Ok, that was just plain smart! Getting someone else to clean your chicken coop~for free. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    You are smart!! Thank goodness for craigslist.

5. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    I keep on telling my husband... you calculate the tips at resturaunts... leave the rest to me!

6. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    wow I am impressed.I posted too on craigs list for my cockrels,I had at least 12 too many and low and behold a fellow called came out in the pouring rain after dark last nite and bought them all.I was very proud of myself.

7. Happy Chicken Mama

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
    Update:

ALL of the Poo is gone! Whoo Hoo... me & the girls are so happy.

Two people came & took it all. Had to email all of the other people & let them know it was all g.o.n.e.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by