Special Assorted bantams--Pictures! Name that chick~! Updated Pics

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Jenlyn9483, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    at Ideal- Assorted Straight run bantams for $1.00 each! I got 25 on the way. I figure when i get rid of all the roos I will probably have a few pullets left. Just what I wanted!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Great special! I'm waiting on a broiler special. [​IMG]

3. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I think im going to wait til closer to fall to see about the Broilers. Its so freakin hot here!

4. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:You are absolutely right. Thanks for reminding me about the heat.

5. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    So my chicks arrived on Friday morning. They sent 27 but 7 were DOA. 3 were near death and died in the first hour. 7 more died in the next 12 hours. Now I have 10 Very pretty healthy chicks. The lady from Ideal called me back today and said she would sent me another 17 chicks on Wednesday. There is one that I have absolutely no clue as to what it is so Im going to post a pic to see if any of you know. I know how you all love playing "guess that chick" [​IMG] Thats the funnest part about assorted specials, seeing whatcha end up with.

6. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Awwwwww, so sorry to hear about the babies that didn't make it. I'm always sad when I hear those stories. I hope that the others that they are sending will all arrive healthy and happy. [​IMG]

Post pics when you can.

7. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I think i have two sets of twins. The ones that are pictured together. My only good guess is the white one is a white cochin and the silver one with a red eye is either a cornish or a OEGB. What do yall think?

8. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    Quote:I agree with your cochin assessment, but I can't tell with the others. Some of them have white legs, so they could be Old English; the brown chipmunky kind of colored ones at the bottom look a bit like my Spangled Old English did when she was a chick. The only other chick coloration I'm familiar with in Old English is Quail, but any of the white-legged, single-combed ones may be Old English. I'd be tempted to call the one with the black stripes all over its face a bantam EE because of its leg coloring, but it doesn't have a beard, so that's probably not what it is. Sorry I wasn't that helpful. [​IMG]

The only thing I can tell for sure is that you don't have any Silkies or Polish, which I'm sure you already knew. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  9. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    The 4th chick from the bottom is my favorite.. Awesome markings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by