*Special Offer* *One Day Only* *Limited Time Special Price*

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Hi!
    Does that mean to you, that you respond with 'I'd love to buy what you are offering at that *Special Offer* *One Day Only* *Limited Time Special Price*,
    or is it OK to say, I'll take you up on that offer, but just not right now?, can I take a rain-check?' and have eggs shipped 2 weeks from Thurs unless it rains...?

To me, it says "There is an abundance of eggs RIGHT NOW" and now is the time to get discounted eggs.

And it is NOT the time to hang the seller up if you don't plan to follow thru.

Just curious what the rest of you think.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

2. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I'm sorry Dipsy, I'm lost on this post. Are you saying that you are offering a better price now?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Uh, oh. Someone hang you up, Lise? Well, I think you know me well enough to know that I know what the answer is. [​IMG]

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

It sounds like you have a bunch of idiots calling you. [​IMG]
    One of my favorite lines is, "So sad, so sorry." Don't have the money now? So sad, so sorry. Can't find a bator for the eggs right now? So sad, so sorry. You get the picture. [​IMG]

5. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I think that is the perfect time to be blunt and say One Day Only , if you can't take it today you just have to take your chances.

Julie [​IMG]

6. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    Okay I think I understand now. [​IMG]

7. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I'm thinking what you're thinking, Ms. Lisa.

8. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:They should do like I did and buy the 'bator and the eggs! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Oh no, not me especially. And it wasn't a gripe thread. Just a genuine question.
    I see *one day specials threads* going on for a long time and was just wondering how long you extend the *special*.
    RubberChickenLubber, I don't recall offering you anything.

10. RubberChickenLubber

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    No you haven't, I was just lost. I understand what you're saying. I love when people say "one day only" and they end up preselling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by