SPECIAL PROLEM WITH A BREEDER MALE HAVING A PROLAPSE OF THE SEX ORGAN

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Glenda Heywoodo, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Glenda Heywoodo

Glenda Heywoodo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2016
    Cassville Missouri
    Glenda HEYWOOD
    A FRIEND OF MINE EMAILED ME ABOU A SPECIAL PROLEM WITH A BREEDER MALE HAVING A PROLAPSE OF THE SEX ORGAN

GLH
    sounds like a male chicke that has a prolapse of its sexual gland.
    First put the chicken in a single cage till healed. FEED AND WATER DAILY AND TEND TO WOUND.

FIRST use some preparation H on it and poke it back in just as females have prolapses the male can have it also.

SECOND I would suggest after pushing the vent area and applying prepreperation H then apply lots of Bagbalm on the vent three times aday.
    IE: ONLY PUT PREP h ON ONCE AS CONTINUED USE WILL STERILIZE COCEREL. PREP h DESTROYS ALL VITALITY TO EITHER A HEN OR COCKERL TO BE ABLE TO BREED.
    NOW ONLY APPLY BAG BALM HEAVILY ON AREA.

This will help the bird heal cleanly and properly. reapeat this several times a week as it will take awhile for the vent to stay in as it heals.t

hen after a week the vent should stay in, then at night take the bird back to the pen with the other chickens.

If the vent does not heal that fast keep medicating and watching for it to get well. Glenda L Heywood Cassville Missoui

Glenda Heywood thanks to all who read and posted

Danny Pryor , but a chicken which has this happen becomes a special needs chicken and has got to be constantly looked after and watched out for because when it pops out around others and goes unnoticed by the owner

, then the comorades around find it tasty and eat the chicken out from the vent to the crop ..... when this happens , its more humane to just make dumplins that night

Danny Pryor a few of ours laid today , think it was associated with the bright sun this early a.m.

Glenda Heywood Danny thanks for the great true comment. We need honesty and so many of the chicken keepers are not realistic.

Personally I culled rather than save or nurse unhealthy chickens.

So thanks for this honest approach to reality. I am happy for any ones comments.
    Glad your birds are laying. sounds like spring is coming again!!

Danny Pryor Well , I thank you , as most would take the truth in haste . We know we've tried to hold onto some chickens with this same problem . For males , it deems their semen useless so , there's no further breeding of the male for its traits because of the hem.

Glenda Heywood Danny this is good information and as I was answering a person who did not cull I gave the only answer i knew and hemmoroid H was used for healing such a tear. I truly know that using bag balm for such a tear did not sterilize a buff orpington pullet we had have a prolapse, and she is laying stll today

Danny Pryor well , if balm doesnt affect fertility , then that would be a consideration to use ......... but if the problem didnt ever return , then the problem would've been a spontanous event and wouldnt be common . . . . . the instance you experienced wouldve have beb thee....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by