special silkie eggs hatch along- UPDATE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by emmalynn, Jun 28, 2011.

1. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    I have never been in a hatch a long but I am starting one myself now. I actually won an auction from a very impressive silkie breeder. I have been bidding on eggs from her for the past 2 years and I finally won!!! [​IMG] I think she has gorgeous silkies and I was dancing for joy in my cubicle yesterday when I found out I won.

I am welcoming anyone that would like to follow a long or hatch a long. Eggs should be here before the weekend!!! Hopefully shipping today so I can look forward to a package at the PO on Thursday or Friday and then starting the process by Saturday.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Paypal sent, received and eggs going out today. Should have them Thursday!!

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]

(Suscribeing now)

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Emmalyn you finally won T's eggs!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] that is stinking fantastic!!!! Congrats!!!! [​IMG]

5. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    I plan on setting eggs this weekend after I have a little more time to collect.

I will be setting: Wheaten Ameraucanas, Buff EEs, a few bantam cochins..

6. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Congrats! We've got silkies and showgirls in the bator, due on the 15th. Good luck!

7. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Quote:I know...I am just delirious, giddy, and can't hardly stand myself. FINALLY.

8. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Quote:Do you think showgirls are the chicken cabbage patch kid? So ugly you can't help but love them? I have one blue and still can't tell if Cher is a roo or hen. I will have to post a picture to get your opinion.

BuffOrp89- great, I will be setting my probably Friday night or Saturday...we can be hatching buddies

DuckLover1- don't just subscribe....HATCH..come on join on in.

9. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    Quote:Do you think showgirls are the chicken cabbage patch kid? So ugly you can't help but love them? I have one blue and still can't tell if Cher is a roo or hen. I will have to post a picture to get your opinion.

BuffOrp89- great, I will be setting my probably Friday night or Saturday...we can be hatching buddies

DuckLover1- don't just subscribe....HATCH..come on join on in.

Haha - I kind of feel that way. So ugly you can't help but love them. My daughter, on the other hand, loves the combination of hairless and fluff ball. We're hoping to get a bird for 4H from this hatch if the stars are all lined up. [​IMG]

10. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    If the stars aren't in alignment....SimplySplendidSilkies is really into the showgirls, hatches and shows them. Her name is Tisha and I would go to her if I needed more... or one for a 4H girl...hint,hint

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by