1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Special Trats for the Girls

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Aug 18, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    I have introduced to the group of (3) 2 months old, Yogurt, berries, pop-corn (funny) apple sauce, peaches, nectarines, and some other stuff like oatmeal with applesauce in it. What else have you given your kids? I know there is a treat list but this is mine so far..... Whats yours?

Steve

2. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    From the garden: Corn, cucumbers, green beans, and PEAS. They LOVE fresh peas ! Strawberries are another one they go crazy for, and milk.

3. acarter26

acarter26 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Baldwinsville
    Ours love any kind of melon especially the seeds, corn, definitely bread, boiled potatoes, sunflower seeds, dried mealworms, swiss chard and a few other things. Our chickens aren't picky! [​IMG]

4. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Cantaloupe pulp with the seeds, zucchini-they're mad for zucchini. Bok.

5. crazygoatlady915

crazygoatlady915 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Idaho
    Tomatoes, Lettuce, Strawberries, worms, carrots, peas, watermelon and cantelope rinds, rolled barley (they scratch up what the goats don't eat!) Sunflower seeds, rice.... and the list goes on forever! They would probably eat my house if they got the chance!

6. CinnamonQueen12

CinnamonQueen12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Watermelon, corn, kale, bread soaked in milk, regular bread, Pasta (all kinds) oatmeal, yogurt (greek and activia), scratch, one or two cheetos (dropped in the grass by my brother, please don't feed your chickens cheetos! Lol!) rasberries, grapes (absolutely love them)

(Edited to add a few forgotten favorites: Cottage cheese, tomatoes, worms, pillbugs, slugs, dandilion leaves, clover leaves, and grass!)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  7. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    what are pillbugs?
    not herd of them !

8. CinnamonQueen12

Jul 20, 2011
    You know, those little bugs that can roll into a ball? I'm not sure thats what they are really called, but thats what I've been calling them since I was 5 so......

9. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    fair enough !!! i understandwhat you mean

i wish mineate them mine dont touch any bugs at all that ive seen no slugs or anything they seem to stick there beeks up at them !

they do eat works though !!! alot !

10. CinnamonQueen12

Jul 20, 2011
    Works? Do you mean worms? Mine absolutey love worms!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by