1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Specific Old English Game Birds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DementedHam, May 25, 2007.

1. DementedHam

DementedHam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Southern California
    Are there specific breeds of Old English Game Birds?[​IMG] I see many types of birds with various colors but none seem to have a specific name. Are there breeds at all of these birds?[​IMG]

If you Google Old English Game Birds you'll see what I'm talking about.

2. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Feathersite.com has lots of pictures of OEGB birds. The oegb is the breed the other part like Black breasted Reds is a color type so it would look like OEGBbbreds. I have some of those and I have some OEGBsilver duckwing.

Hope that helps.

Arklady

3. Malibufarmer

Malibufarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2007
  4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    OEGB is the breed and there are several different color varieties. A lot of breeds are like that. Polish for example come in several color varieties, golden laced, silver laced, buff laced, black, white and everything in between. A Crele OEGB is exactly the same breed as a Barred Old English Bantam, just different color varieties.

5. Termite

Termite Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2007
    You will also have many, many strains in birds that may carry the breeders name or a name the breeder gave them. This is especially true in standard OE Games. i.e. A man named Sandy Hatch bred a OE Game line that were very strong and had green legs (bbred in feather color) These are still known as simply "green legged Hatch birds" But they are still BBRed OE Games.

Termite

6. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    [​IMG]

Breed- Old English Game

Type- Blue Breasted Red

Some carry named bloodlines, just like race horses, registered dogs, etc. More for recognition of lineage, (i.e. Hancock Quarter horses, Abney Catahoulas, etc., etc..) than as a name to type. Hope this helps....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by