Speckled Sussex Help

chickenbuttwhat

Hatching
May 14, 2015
[/IMG]

Hello all! Long time lurker first time poster.
Well this little guy has me all types of confused. I am leaning toward roo, but he's about twelve weeks, so the lack of red face has me thinking maybe pullet?
This year I bought seven day old straight runs- 3 marans (2 pullet 1 roo) 2 silver laced wyandottes (both of which have been red faced since they were about eight weeks so I'm 95% certain they are Roos, plus they're kind of jerks) and the two speckled Sussex. The other SS is clearly a pullet, yellow smaller comb and carries herself very low. Sweet little thing. Anyhow, I'm giving some of these birds to a family member and he's on the list. I'd really appreciate the help in making sure he is indeed a he. Thanks all!

He's adorable! We got a speckled sussex roo too that was suppose to be a girl :D. I am so in love with him though I can't part with him. He is only 8 weeks old and already has cock a doodle doo!

He's adorable! We got a speckled sussex roo too that was suppose to be a girl :D. I am so in love with him though I can't part with him. He is only 8 weeks old and already has cock a doodle doo!

What a handsome guy! I unfortunately am lucky to be keeping one of my roosters-husband doesn't want em! I was hoping he would be a she. Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom