Speckled Sussex Hen 1yr Free..Bay Area Ca

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Gnawsey, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Gnawsey

Gnawsey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2007
    Hi everyone,

Here is the story. My husband and I just bought a new house. We currently have 4 hens at our old house, but chickens are not allowed in our town. Our current neighbors know about our chickens (and get free eggs :)) and are fine with them. I have no idea what our new neighbors will think about the chickens. Our speckled sussex is the sweetest and the most friendly of the lot. Sometimes I think she is a dog. She loves following me around the yard. The problem is that she is the noisiest of the bunch. She LOVES to talk. And she can get a little loud if she is not getting attention. I would love to keep her, but I'm worried if I do, some neighbor will rat us out, and I'll have to get rid of the rest of our flock.

I would love to find her a good home in the area. She was hatched the first week in aug. last year. She is a good layer. I get about 6 eggs medium eggs a week from her. Free to anyone with a loving home. And I would be happy to deliver or meet halfway.

Thanks,
    Stacie

2. Gnawsey

Gnawsey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2007
    Bump...she needs a good home.

Stacie

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    I hope you find her a home,I have 9 of them and they are the sweetest chickens I have ever seen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by