Speckled Sussex Laying Age...When Will Nelda Give Me That First Egg?

Well it looks like you and I have posts that people will look at and not answer
th.gif
so I decided to respond so you wouldn't feel ignored.
lol.png
Just between you and me, I think they are afraid of us.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Have a great day!!

Cynthia, I am curious as well I have specked sussex girls on the way and I would like to know that. Can you tell me how yours are personality wise. I am very excited about them. OH and I love the name Nelda!

Adam

Thanks, Adam. My younger sister had a best friend in elementary school whose older sister was named Nelda and I've always remembered that. Weird what your mind grabs hold of, isn't it? My Speckled Sussex is a sweetie. She doesn't like being caught, but when you hold her, she relaxes and has the softest eyes. She is very curious/inquisitive and the first of her age group to grab food from my hand. As small chicks, they were a little skittish, but to be fair, I had alot of chicks in that group and didn't handle each one as much as I should have or would usually do.
BirdBrain, I have no idea why they won't answer my questions, LOL. Someone must think I have all the answers and can answer it myself, LOL!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Cynthia..........if she is ANYTHING like my BO hens,and my Ameracaunas who are now 22 weeks old....they will lay when you get tired of looking for them.
gig.gif
I just cant figure out why mine wont lay!???

My guess is 5 months they'll start to lay. My Sussex are all mixed with barred rocks, cornish and black sex links. I'm pretty sure the black sex links and the cornish (which was a surprise) came on laying about 4 weeks ahead of the Sussex and Rocks.

No, Adam, not yet. Nelda, the Ameraucanas, my youngest Blue Orp and two Barred Rocks are 22 weeks old today. The Blue Orp, one Barred Rock and one Ameraucana have laid eggs, but not Nelda. It can't be long now. That girl is pretty wide on the backside, LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom