Speckled Sussex or silkie crossed with rir

Girl4Chickens

Chirping
May 9, 2021
I hatched chicks a few weeks ago and I thought one was from my speckled Sussex rooster but I’m not so sure. The other one is definitely my other rooster which is a silkie. I’m not sure because they both have feathers on their feet but only one has the silkie feet. Is it possible that both are from my one rooster or could it’s just be that some eggs got passed around with different daddies?🤣

Attachments

• 284638A8-8FDC-45C2-8D40-FC625EA6A6E5.jpeg
    284638A8-8FDC-45C2-8D40-FC625EA6A6E5.jpeg
    570.6 KB · Views: 35
I hatched chicks a few weeks ago and I thought one was from my speckled Sussex rooster but I’m not so sure. The other one is definitely my other rooster which is a silkie. I’m not sure because they both have feathers on their feet but only one has the silkie feet. Is it possible that both are from my one rooster or could it’s just be that some eggs got passed around with different daddies?🤣

A chick with feathered feet usually has a parent with feathered feet.

Does the mother have feathered feet? If not, then the Silkie rooster probably fathered both chicks (no matter how many or how few toes they have.)

A chick with feathered feet usually has a parent with feathered feet.

Does the mother have feathered feet? If not, then the Silkie rooster probably fathered both chicks (no matter how many or how few toes they have.)
Neither the hen or the rooster have feathers on their feet so it probably is my silkie rooster’s babies thank you for the response!!

Back
Top Bottom