1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

speckled sussex recommendations???

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sdshoars, Sep 23, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i am compiling my want list for next spring!!! my DH, goodness i love him, is going to let me get an incubator, and i can hatch whatever i want, and sell the chickies i have too many of, don't need/want, etc. i would like to get some speckled sussex, and i was wondering if any of you had gotten good quality birds from any hatcheries, or if anyone around here sells eggs that have really spotty parents??? i would really like mille fleurs but dh doesnt like bantams, so i have to choose from standards only. thanks guys!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gina Rinks (ginasmarans) has Speckled Sussex. It's where my Nelda came from. Her breeders are mostly new birds from the time she sent me the eggs, but Gina is a sweetheart to work with.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll have some later this fall and hopefully in the spring. I'll post them on here when I've got them available.

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I've been looking for good Sussex as well. I finally got some pullets yesterday, but they are from a hatchery. I've emailed with Gina about her Sussex and she did say she'd have some next spring.

I don't know where you are, but Gina is west of Nashville.

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I should have sussex eggs in the next 3-4 months and will post when available..

6. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    yeppers,I plan to separate my sussex hens with the roo as soon as I can move some babies out of the pen, hopefully in a couple of months they will be separate and pure. I'll let you know. There are some pics of them on my page.

7. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    sweet! gina i would love some of your eggs! it would probably be around march/ april.... hubby is in soooo much trouble... so far i am getting your eggs, some bbs orps, some partridge cochins, and some wheaten marans from bayhorsebonne(on ebay) this spring, lol. he's probably going to make me live in the chicken coop. but thats fine with me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by