Speckled Sussex Roo - Opinions *PICS*

CountryMom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 21, 2008
South Texas
Ok, I also have a Speckled Sussex Roo that we have all fallen in love with. He is absolutely huge also. He is around 10months old and recently lost a few of his beautiful tail feathers by the EE roo and him romping over another hen. However, this roo is sweet. We call him Morning. He is the one that comes to my front door when he is let out to free range and knocks on it for bread snacks. He also loves to sit in my lap and eat scratch from my hand. How close is he to what is expected of this breed? I am not expecting perfection as he really is only a hatchery bird. The hen I have of the same breed has a ton of white and I know that isn't what is desired. He does have a lot of white tips to his feathers, but they are just barely on the end and hard to picture. He isn't as dark as I have read they can be either.

Either way we love him and he stays for sure....
12214_morning.jpg

12214_morning_chest.jpg

12214_morning_on_deck.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. I know he isn't some top winning roo, but wondered about his shape. Only saw some in other colors on the feather site that seemed as large and round as he did. LOL Maybe it is all the extras he gets!

Thanks everyone. I guess I need to get him some ladies of quality and see if he cannot pass on his stature and personality. Well, at least once I get my pens built! LOL

Back
Top Bottom