Speckled Sussex?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by KsTornado11, Feb 6, 2009.

1. KsTornado11

KsTornado11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Anyone have these? If so can you post pics,let me know where they came from, etc? I am really wanting some looking for the best place to get them!
    Thanks!

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hello, I have beautiful speckled sussex that came from a local breeder. I'm selling the hatching eggs if you need some. I just love my gals. They are so amazingly friendly and sweet and so is their mate - Lazarus.

Here are some photos.

I sell them for $25 a dozen and we take great care with our animals. We are a two person, chemical free farm that raises animals, vegetables and more for our community.
    [​IMG]

We have a total of over 300 chickens/poultry and we keep our breeds separate from one another and our eggs are very fresh and fertile.

Hope this was helpful. May you have a blessed evening.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  3. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    OOOOoooo they are pretty!! Where are you located? I might just have to get some eggs from you soon,as soon as it's done w/ the freezing temps this spring!!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Where in Kansas are you? I'll be having some eggs available this spring.
    Here's some of my birds.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. KsTornado11

Jan 11, 2007
    Kansas
    Near Ottawa,about an hour south of KC....where are you?

6. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

i got an OEGB looks just like him.....

[​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Cute!

8. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Are speckled sussex good layers? I'm researching for a new flock - looking for pretty, friendly, good laying clucks.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I'm about an hour northwest of Wichita. My daughter lives in Manhattan and if you want eggs we could probably work something out with meeting there sometime when I go visit her. I won't have any available for a while yet. I'm gonna hatch some more first.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Mine are very friendly. They had just started laying good late last fall when our crazy winter weather hit. They laid on and off thru the winter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by