Speckled Sussex?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cheekon, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Dose anyone have an pictures of this breed that i can see? Also, about how many eggs do they lay per week? Anything is appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
  3. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
  4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Here are some pics of my Speckled Sussex hens. I've been getting about 1 egg every day or every other day from them even through the bitter cold weather we've been having (negative and single degree temps everyday). They are very friendly and these particular ones came from Murray McMurray and lay a light tan, almost pink egg.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
  5. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I love my SS girls. I love their sweet personalities, they lay through the winter, and I think they are absolutely beautiful. I like my two so much, I bought some eggs on eBay, and they are in the bator right now. These two came from Meyer Hatchery and are about 10 months old:

[​IMG]

6. V Chic Chick

V Chic Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bristol, England
  7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Here's my sweet tubby Nelda:
    [​IMG]

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:Oh, Lynn. They look great! I miss those girls so much.Its weird not seeing any speckles in the coop.

9. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Yall are killing me here.
    I wanted some SS soooooo bad, but Ideal was out of them when I ordered and didn't know when they would have more.
    And since me and a friend shared an order, I couldn't have possibly put her order on hold. [​IMG]

10. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I am so grateful to you, Jordan, for giving them to me! I have such a sweet laying flock right now! [​IMG] They are all the nicest girls--well, maybe not Alice, my BR, but the rest are! LOL Someone has to be the BossLady, though, right?, and she really isn't too, too bossy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by