1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Speckledhen aka Suede's Mama aka Dear Friend HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cetawin, May 1, 2009.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Okay I am pulling my hair out again and need a favor. Can you take a picture of his studliness, getting a close up of his chest/breast area? Pleeeease I want to see the color variation and transition on the light blues.

I may actually order another blue or two while I am finishing the dark blues. So...*begging* please get his highness to hold still for a photoshoot for me. Tell him I appreciate it and he will love his likeness and I will send treats when I ship this thing to you. Bribe him gal!

Just post pics here in this thread and I will right click them. [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Let me see if I can find a pic like that, darlin'. Hang on a few. If I dont already have one, I'll try to get one tomorrow.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    K I am hanging. Me, my vicodin, my sore jaw and my coffee....sitting right here.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  4. speckledhen

Aw, you poor thing! I'm about to go to bed. I did look, but can't find one that is any better than what you have. I'll see if I can get one tomorrow between rain showers. The thing is that his color isn't as intense as when he was a much younger studly rooster. May not look exactly the same--that pic you were working from is when he was maybe 15 months old. Now, he's an old man of two and a half.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    K thank you. Tell him thanks too for me...kiss him too. [​IMG]

hmmmm well maybe I will go inbetween the two blue stages then. I just want to get a better feel for the feathers. I looked at my Speckles really closely but she is the SLW and so the black, silvery white is so much different than the blue tank's blue.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  6. speckledhen

He may not let me kiss him, but I always rub those impressive wattles, LOL. He's such a sweetheart, that boy.

7. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    So where're the pics? Coming in late to this story it sounds so titillating I have to look! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

It's pouring rain, but I'll see what I can get for you. He has a light in the cage I've had to relegate him to, so maybe it would turn out okay.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Bribe him Cyn. Make him stick his chest out. LOL Wattle rubbing will work... [​IMG]

PS: No slipping going down the hill either.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  10. speckledhen

Yeah, the slipping part is what I'm afraid of!! Looks like the rain is letting up some. Let me see what I can do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by