SpeckledHen Eggs Round #2 -Day #22 10:45 am - 9 Hatch -2 Pips -3 to go

ThreeBoysChicks

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Thurmont, MD
SpeckledHen (Cynthia) shipped me off round #2 of eggs and today is Day #21.

As of 9:33 am , here are the stats:
MEG - 1 PIP
BEE - 1 PIP
BR - 2 Hatched, 2 PIPS

Here they are resting before going in the bator (antoher excellent packing job):

20090318_Cynthia_Round2.jpg

3 Meg eggs (Her Buff Orpington / RIR hen with a Blue Orpington Roo) (MEG)
3 Barred Easter Eggers (BEE)
13 Barred Rock (BR)

Now I have to tell you, how many people can you receive shipped eggs from and they have the Hen's name that layed them written on them. Cynthia loves her babies. All 19 eggs starting developing and on Day #10 were viable. On Day #18 when moving to the Hatcher, 3 Barred Rock had stopped and the rest were looking great.

Last edited:
Quote:
Blue Barred EE - I did not know that was an option. Come on Blue Barred EE.

They are going very slow today. The two that hatched out over night had actually pipped yesterday morning. The others pipped over night. They are killing me. Patience, Patience, don't open the hatcher, leave them alone, sit on your hands.

As of 3:42 pm , here are the stats:
MEG - 2 PIP
BEE - 2 PIP
BR - 2 Hatched, 4 PIPS

As of 11:00 pm , here are the stats:
MEG - 1 Hatched, 1 PIP
BEE - 2 PIP
BR - 4 Hatched, 2 PIP

Here are some pictures of the First 2 BR's as they were getting a little crazy in the hatcher. So I opened it quick and grabbed them out. Looks like 2 to pullets. Yeah!!

20090409_BR1c.jpg

20090409_BR1.jpg

Cynthia, the MEG baby is Red - Can not wait to see it when it is dried off and of course get a picture.

Also, in case you were wondering, the BR babies are 1 Ivy, 1 Becca, 1 Hannah and 1 Unmarked.

You know, putting the hen's name on the egg when I'm sure who laid it makes it easy to see if a particular girl's eggs have ceased to be fertile. Case in point, Skye. Now, I know hers are not fertile because she is not allowing Suede to do his roosterly duties. So, when I know who gave me that egg, her name goes on it. There are a few hens whose eggs are so familiar to me that I don't have to see her lay it, like Ivy's and Lexie's, both BRs.
When I'm able, I'll get a pic of Meg's red baby we have here. He is 2 weeks old and the wing feathers have patterning that's almost partridge-like. I'm off to bed and will check this thread in the morning. G'nite!

Back
Top Bottom