SpeckledHen Eggs Round #2 -Day #22 10:45 am - 9 Hatch -2 Pips -3 to go

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ThreeBoysChicks, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    SpeckledHen (Cynthia) shipped me off round #2 of eggs and today is Day #21.

As of 9:33 am , here are the stats:
    MEG - 1 PIP
    BEE - 1 PIP
    BR - 2 Hatched, 2 PIPS

Here they are resting before going in the bator (antoher excellent packing job):

[​IMG]

3 Meg eggs (Her Buff Orpington / RIR hen with a Blue Orpington Roo) (MEG)
    3 Barred Easter Eggers (BEE)
    13 Barred Rock (BR)

Now I have to tell you, how many people can you receive shipped eggs from and they have the Hen's name that layed them written on them. Cynthia loves her babies. All 19 eggs starting developing and on Day #10 were viable. On Day #18 when moving to the Hatcher, 3 Barred Rock had stopped and the rest were looking great.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Congratulations!

Speckledhen has chick babies all over this country!!! Of course, we will need pics of the babies!!! [​IMG]

3. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Go Cyn's babies! Yeah I love getting them with the hens names on them. Makes me grin.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm excited for you! I cant wait to see how Meg's babies look since I've only seen a few of them, some quite different than the rest, and I hope you get at least one BLUE barred EE.

5. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:Blue Barred EE - I did not know that was an option. Come on Blue Barred EE.

They are going very slow today. The two that hatched out over night had actually pipped yesterday morning. The others pipped over night. They are killing me. Patience, Patience, don't open the hatcher, leave them alone, sit on your hands.

As of 3:42 pm , here are the stats:
    MEG - 2 PIP
    BEE - 2 PIP
    BR - 2 Hatched, 4 PIPS

6. speckledhen

7. ThreeBoysChicks

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    As of 11:00 pm , here are the stats:
    MEG - 1 Hatched, 1 PIP
    BEE - 2 PIP
    BR - 4 Hatched, 2 PIP

Here are some pictures of the First 2 BR's as they were getting a little crazy in the hatcher. So I opened it quick and grabbed them out. Looks like 2 to pullets. Yeah!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cynthia, the MEG baby is Red - Can not wait to see it when it is dried off and of course get a picture.

Also, in case you were wondering, the BR babies are 1 Ivy, 1 Becca, 1 Hannah and 1 Unmarked.

8. speckledhen

They do look like pullets, Ed! Wonderful! My Meg baby that is blue and red started out looking bright red in the bator.

9. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    [​IMG] Beautiful Babies! Thanks so much for sharing your pics!

10. speckledhen

You know, putting the hen's name on the egg when I'm sure who laid it makes it easy to see if a particular girl's eggs have ceased to be fertile. Case in point, Skye. Now, I know hers are not fertile because she is not allowing Suede to do his roosterly duties. So, when I know who gave me that egg, her name goes on it. There are a few hens whose eggs are so familiar to me that I don't have to see her lay it, like Ivy's and Lexie's, both BRs.
    When I'm able, I'll get a pic of Meg's red baby we have here. He is 2 weeks old and the wing feathers have patterning that's almost partridge-like. I'm off to bed and will check this thread in the morning. G'nite!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by