Speckledhen here is my only Blue Orp picture

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by scgamecock, May 9, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the two from Jab91864

Sorry guys for some reason this was just not a good hatch with no fault of yours.However I'm thankful for the 3 I have and will try again with hopefully better results.Julie I hope the one's I sent you turn out good.I'll keep my fingers crossed.

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    OMG they are soooo cute.

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Julie do you have any idea what the cross may be on those two?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, shoot, Marlon! I wish more had hatched for you. That one's a cutie, though, and so are the other two.

5. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Do you think it will be a light or dark blue?

6. speckledhen

It's hard to say, but I'd bet a medium blue. Usually the dark blues seem almost black to me at first. I had one that I really thought was black till he was a few weeks old and I saw him in the sunlight.

7. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Well regardless he or she has a home here and if it's a pullet I think I'll name her Georgia since she came from there.I'm saving Saphire for later. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Aw, that's a cute name! Hope it's a pullet. If you want to try again later, just let me know. [​IMG]

9. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I will.The last one that tried to hatch pipped and half way zipped and then died in the shell.I opened it and the chick was fully formed and nothing looked out of the ordinary so beats me.There was at least two of Julie's mixed eggs that were chirping in the egg but never even pipped.I'm going to open the rest of them up tomorrow and see how many were close to maturity.Yes I do want to try again so if you will just keep me in mind when you think you may have an open date.Thanks for everything and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

10. speckledhen

I know, I know. My last hatch didn't go anywhere near as well as they usually do, either. I've had 100% and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so that was disappointing. And no real explanation except the shipping factor. Oh, well, try, try again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by