Speckledhen - I have pippers - We have chickieeeee

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WindyOaksYokes, Aug 13, 2008.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    [​IMG] I have pips, 4 of them!!! One actually most of the way unzipped now!!! Just waiting for that last push [​IMG] It really never gets old!!! I just love this part!!! I wonder why they are 3 days late... it just does not make sense... if anyone has any ideas, I would much appriciate the input.

[​IMG] c'mon chicky you can do it..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yippee! So glad they decided to leave for larger quarters!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Congrats..how exciting! [​IMG] The only thing I can think of with the late arrivals is due to low temps or sometimes large eggs take a couple extra days.

Jody

4. chikkinlittlesc

chikkinlittlesc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats! I have 2 hatched and 2 more pips so far. They weren't suppose to hatch until tomorrow, but one hatched last night and one this morning. They are from BamaChicken. I sure hope to see some Silkies in the morning. I have 2 Orps so far and 2 RIR pipping.[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

5. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    We have a baby chickieeeeeee [​IMG] a black sex link pullet [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] lol, my son recorded the hatch, now that was too cool... she's quite big... will get the pics uploaded here soon.... by they way, first time for my son seeing a hatching chick... he is just as giddy as I was the first time [​IMG]

1 more pip for a total of 4 pipped now and one hatch, #2 is unzipping now.... oh goodness it is going to be a late night.

We got chickiesss [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cyn - me too!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

hinkjc - all was perfect this time around LOL... eggs not extremely large, normal like they have been... I will post a couple of the pics for you to all see.

[​IMG] to the chickie

6. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    chikkinlittlesc - dont you love it!! Good luck on your silkies!!!!!!!!!!

I think the second one will be out here in a few minutes!!!!! lol just zippen that shell wide open..........[​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Ok - I have a silkie that pipped at least 12 hours ago - someone needs to talk to it and explain the whole zipping thing...

Congrats on everyones hatches so far!

It's mocking me! Right after I hit submit it peeped to say it knew I was talkin' smack about him!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  8. chikkinlittlesc

chikkinlittlesc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    South Carolina
    It is just like Christmas everytime! Each time, I think I get more excited! I just love chickens![​IMG]
    Good Luck Everyone on your hatches!

9. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    It is just like Christmas everytime! Each time, I think I get more excited!

[​IMG] I have to agree...

Well, I ended up with 5 chicks so far, Not sure about the others. I think I might candle them tonight to see where we are at, since they are now at day 24.

Question - They sat for over 6 days before I put them in the incubator, could that have caused them to hatch late??? I am just trying to come up with a reason/idea of why they hatched late. That was the only thing that I can think of that would have been wrong. [​IMG]

Have a good nite all.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by