Speckledhen, just for you...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thndrdancr, Jul 3, 2008.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you and your family thru all these troubled times.

Some pics of Lily to cheer you...

Believe it or not...since Lily was basically a winter hatch...here is me trying to show her WHAT to do outside...I am pointing out dandelions...this was early this spring...

[​IMG]

And Lily says..no thank you, its a scary world out here, I will just plop down next to "mom"

[​IMG]

She was pretty lonely while Dash was setting...here she is begging Dash to come out and play with her ....

[​IMG]

Now she is pretty happy, except the last fews weeks, she has to put up with this scrappy lil guy who is in love with her...she loves digging in the garden, and has a grand ol time outside! But poor thing has to keep her eyes open all the time.

[​IMG]

And here she is in the kitchen yesterday, begging for cheerios...

[​IMG]

Love ya, Cyn
    Hugs

Jill

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, Jill! Thank you for those wonderful pics of Lily! She's a pretty girl and I'm glad she has settled down from being the little terror she was as a youngster. She looks like quite a big girl. Lexie and Hawkeye would be proud; I know I am. Thanks for taking such good care of my grandchick. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yea, she is a sweetie now. Still a mess, but a sweetie.

She still loves to go in the living room, jump on the couch and look out. She really thinks she is a person/part of the family.

The rest of my babies know they arent human, but I really think Lily thinks she is. If I would set her a plate at the table, she would be more than happy to have dinner that way. lol I am not quite THAT into housechickens.....

She is a very pretty girl, quite large but she fans her wings out to make herself look bigger too.

I know she wasnt a happy girl during her teenage time. She was the only chicken I have had that was just not happy. I think she is now, she talks all the time, plays outside now that I have a pen built for them, and gets free forage time outside for at least an hour a day. Its funny, she really almost prefers being inside, silly girl.

She will be so happy when dear hubby gets back next week...she just adores him. Well I will be too. [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

Hope your hubby gets home safely. I know she adores him. That's so sweet! I think its cute. My BR girl, Becca, has a crush on my DH. She loves to snuggle in his lap and lean against him to sleep.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Great pics, Jill!
    I forgot that Lily was your grandchick Cyn.

6. speckledhen

Yep, she's the daughter of Lexie and Hawkeye. She's grown into quite the stunning hen, hasn't she?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by