Speckledhen, let me introduce George the Blue Orpington

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scgamecock, Jul 1, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    [​IMG]
    He wasn't very photogentic tonight but it may have something to do with waking him up to take a picture. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this is not the same guy.He was hatched from JAB's egg's.She has a big Blue Orp roo but no hen's.I think it must be a cross from him and her Black Australorp hen.
    [​IMG]

This is a black pullet from her that looks like a Black Orp but is probably from the same cross.
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yep, I do believe we have a George here, Marlon. Are you really going to call him George, LOL? He's a nice color. How old is he now-same age as the others in the pics?

3. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    They are 8 weeks old and those 3 are the only one's that hatch.

4. speckledhen

If you want to try them again when the weather cools down, I should be able to get you more at one time then-Delilah, my black pullet, is laying now.

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    George is AWESOME!!! Is that Suede's son?

6. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Yes the famous Suede and Velvet.Yes Cynthia I would like to try some more when it gets cooler.

7. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Very nice looking cockeral. He has nice lacing. Bet he grows up to be a very big Rooster.

8. speckledhen

Julie, your Blue Boy and his son, Suede, sure produce some nice kids, dont they? Marlon, you just let me know when you're ready after August when the weather starts to cool down. You need more than just one Suedelette!

9. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I'll do it Cynthia.I couldn't get him to stand up very well so I'm going to try and get him in a better stance.

10. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Quote:I'm not sure if I want to call him that but I was going to call "him" Georgia if "he " was a girl.If I can come up with something that fit's him better I'll change it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by