1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

SpeckledHen please tell me if this turned out to be a hen!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StellaLenoir, Jan 8, 2008.

1. StellaLenoir

StellaLenoir Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2007
    I did a search on EEs, and came accross this post,

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7019
    Titled Are we mutts?

You posted these picks of Blue Ameraucanas and you said they were less than 6 weeks old. My question is , did they turn out to be hens or roos????

My 2 ees (sold as Ameraucanas) look the same as far as the comb as yours did in these pics. I am hoping mine are girls!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you so sososososso much and what ever this bird turned out to be it is very pretty!

2. StellaLenoir

Oct 25, 2007
    anybody want to guess or does anyone know for sure????[​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The chick pictured looks like a roo to me, but I'm curious as well what it turned out to be. The thick pink comb tells me boy. Can't wait to see what Cyn says. I don't recall if she ever gave an update previously.

Jody

4. StellaLenoir

Oct 25, 2007
    Ahhhhhhhh

I am going crazy waiting!

Come on hen!!! lol!!![​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]Sorry, hate to tell you, but those were boys. Here is one of the girls for comparison:

[​IMG]

Here are the boys a few weeks later:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have to say, thanks to Jody, I've gotten pretty good at sexing my Ameraucanas, sometimes right out of the egg, LOL. Some take a bit longer than others to declare themselves, but almost always, I know by four or five weeks old now with some certainty.

6. StellaLenoir

Oct 25, 2007
    [​IMG]:rolleyes:well dang.

My he is a he. I have one rooster already and cannot have any more. I think I have 2 ee or Ameraucana boys.

They are very pretty, one of them is a silver I think.

Anyone need a roo?

thank you so very much Speckledhen, Your post has helped me alot!!!!!! and your chicks are still very good looking!!!!![​IMG]

7. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    WOW! They are beautiful! And you're getting rid of them? I'd have such a hard time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by