speckledhen = Q

horsechick

Songster
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Eaton, Ohio
Hi,
I was looking at your pic and wondered if we might have one too, I won some off of eggbid and hatched a blue, a black -HE'S HUGE and a splash-hen.
The blue one we just were not sure what he was.
He has the dark around his neck and lighter color under like your picture. He has the large single comb. And he has a beard/muff, not supposed to be that way? Thought he might be an Amareacana? I asked the lady who we won the auction from and she got upset with me like I was accusing her of not selling me the right things, but I only want to know what this guy is. So I know if I should get rid of him, (I would have no use for) he looks like your photos except the small brown spots and the muff.
Only thing is he has some brown spots around his hackle/saddle area. Is this common?
I wasn't sure if he was an orpington since he just doesn't look so much like our black one. I had thought he might be an andulusion,
Our black one is HUGE and green/black. The kids named him, "Big Red" LOL!!
lol.png

Are there any other pictures of blue orpington roos?
I will try to get photos so I know if I should take him to the auction hopefully this weekend.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Angela

I'd like to see a picture of that boy. An Orpington certainly should not have beard and muffs. Wonder if one of her roosters jumped the fence? The brown spots could be the base color coming through from not having enough melanisers to cover that. I had some blue Ameraucanas who leaked gold/brown in their wing and hackle areas.

I will try to get photos when I'm off next.
He is really nice looking, I was searching last night on photos and found some Blue wheaton Amarecana?<sp?>
maybe he's something like that?
I believe the lady said she had amarecanas and it would possible she may have slipped some of those eggs in or something (what was supposed to be an all blue/black/splash orpington auction..)
Just kind of a bummer since if you aonly have certain breed and then to get an extra etc..

If she had true ameraucanas and slipped in an egg you would have noticed it. It would have been blue!
smile.png
I bet one of her ameraucana roos jumped the fence and dallied with her orpingtons.
wink.png

Quote:
I kinda think that may have happened. Happened to me with eggs I got from someone, though it was good for a chuckle or three, LOL. Yeppers, I knew a Buff Orpington wasnt blue with a pea comb! Hahaha, love those funny accidents!

Back
Top Bottom