speckledhen? Snow?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebelcowboysnb, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

How much snow did y'all other Appalachian Mountain people get this morning?

I woke up to an inch on the truck an the yard dusted but its melting even though it has not quit snowing.

2. Chuckles1330

Chuckles1330 In the Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Mableton
    How far Northwest are you in GA?
    I'm in West Cobb and had rain with a little spitting ice this morning. The girls looked at me like I was nuts when I suggested they come out of the coop. [​IMG]

3. KenK

KenK Songster

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    About 70 miles south of Atlanta here and we have had flurries off and on this morning.

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I am 5 an 1/2 miles south of the Tennessee state line an 3/4th of a mile east of the Alabama state line.... As the crow flies...

5. Chuckles1330

Chuckles1330 In the Brooder

May 11, 2009
    Mableton
    See, this is what I get from working in a big brick box with few windows - miss the first snowfall of the season. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's been flurrying in the tiniest of flakes, more wet than anything else. Sun came out a few minutes ago. Looks to be a non-event unless things change later today. I'm at 2000 ft elevation. Looks as if the mountains higher than me maybe got a dusting. Watson Mtn, which is one of my views, is probably 400 ft higher than I am and the roofs of the cabins and the tree skeletons are frosted-looking.

ETA: Oops, spoke too soon. Here comes the snow now. Medium flakes coming down at a pretty good clip. Windy, too. Bet we'll get an inch or two at most, but you never can tell here.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by