Speckledhen, some pretty pics of Lily (and Dash too)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thndrdancr, Jul 30, 2008.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thought you would enjoy seeing some pics of Lily I took this last week, she has grown up to be a gorgeous girl.

Dash of course wouldnt let me take them without getting into the action as well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dash wants in the action...

[​IMG]

And this one is great, great pic of Lily but look right behind her peeking out... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They grew up, didnt they, Jill? Lily has her mama's comb. I sure can see Lexie in her.

3. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    They sure did. I STILL have to keep them separate from the older girls. I have them a separate pen and let them all out together in the evenings, the older girls THEN go to the Lily and Dash's pen to see what kind of goodies they think they didnt get during the day and finish off their food! You can see Fussy and Red both just barely in that very last pic chowing down from the feeder.

Lily started to go into THEIR pen to check it out, and boy howdy. Like mean big sisters..."I can come in YOUR room but you better NOT go in mine!" [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Jill - is that your coffee in a cage? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Wild... lol

Yup, all the girls like coffee now, drink it all the time! [​IMG]

No, really I have them drink out water out of coffee cups at night, as I can put them thru the bars or box or etc, put a stick thru it and they wont dump it.

Lily and Fussy both LOVE to grab the water with their foot and PULL, in ANY kind of bowl/cup/whatever. For a long time, Fussy considered it her pesonal challenge to dump whatever water thing I contrived! [​IMG]

Took me a while to come up with ideas that they couldnt dump. During the day in the pen, its a gallon milk jug with partial cutout and WIRED to the side of the pen. Luckily I had gone thru it with Fussy so knew pretty much what to do with it with Lily. Now darn Dash is doing it as well now and then.

That lil cage, I have a young silkie that I really am not sure what to do with. Lily beats on her if I put her in their pen, altho Dash kind of likes her. So I put her within sight and she is pretty happy there, but pretty lonely. Poor thing, I cant keep her with the babies as she is horrid to them, scarred my baby cochin. She will grab them up by the fluff and fling them as hard as she can against the side of the brooder. Also if she is fighting for a goodie, is like a darned bulldog. She pulled her hatchmate clear across the bathroom floor when he had a piece of grape he ate and she didnt get. Never seen the likes of it. Really good with people but needs to be in a home with no other chickens. [​IMG] Still not sure its a she yet, but not much of a comb, so hoping...

6. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    What a beautiful girl lily is, I am not sure what a dash is but I think I could fall in love with it LOL.

love the coffee cup idea going to have to take mine out of the rummage sale stuff.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]
    Quote:[​IMG] Funny girls!

8. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Thank you for sending me the link to your post! And I agree- the last picture is priceless and sums up Lily and Dash. Dash is always trying to get in on the action!!!

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    That last photo is to die for!!!

Mr Dash(I am assuming a roo) is quite the character, it seems.

I hope to have some Showgirls, some day.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, amy, Dash is a hen, believe it or not. She's even been broody already. Unusual young lady, isn't she?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by