Speckledhen, to make you smile...some silly pics of Lily

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thndrdancr, Apr 19, 2008.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I thought I would post some pics of your silly grandchicken, Lily (which is Hawkeyes baby for anyone that doesnt know). She seems to LOVE to torment Fussy by laying wherever Fussy lays.

Fussy used to lay in the trash can, then Lily started laying there. So Fussy started laying in the bathroom sink when I got it all ready...Fussy is very neat...

[​IMG]

Lily thought this a grand idea, only...when I went in to check on her, she had pulled every darned thing on the counter in WITH her...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I laughed so hard I cried, by time she was done, she had pulled my toothbrush under her, my hairbrush, the mousse, almost everything you see there on the counter, just everything she could find. And there amidst all that mess was a perfect lil brown egg! That hairbrush HAD to be uncomfortable! To be honest, she WAS wigglin quite a bit. [​IMG]

Her and Dash playing keepaway with a qtip they found...

[​IMG]

Dash has went broody and so Lily is MUCH happier being by herself. She is scared of the outdoors now, I have tried taking her out, an hour at a time the days its been so nice lately, and she wont have none of it. She runs up and sits on my lap! It doesnt help that Dash will try to bloody her comb, and is a grouchy lil terror. She will try to join Dash in a dustbath or whathaveyou and Dash attacks her. [​IMG]
    Lily has stopped biting (as long as you dont mess with her "stuff") and is such a curious funny lil thing.

Love ya and hugs, Cyn

Jill

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Great Pics!

3. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    That is so cute! It may have been meant for SpeckledHen, but I know everyone else will enjoy them too!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Jill, good to see you here! Thank you for posting pics of the first ever of Hawkeye's children to be hatched "abroad". She's quite the unusual child, isn't she, LOL?! I can honestly say I've never seen anything quite like that-how cute! It was really, really sweet of you to put these up just to lift my spirits. Sending hugs to you, your family and especially your sweet mother. Hope she's feeling as good as she can be these days. Take care! [​IMG]

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Very nice pics...I love the Keepaway...

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] What goofy girls. I've loved watching Lily and Dash grow up.

7. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Dash has went broody and is meaner than a snake.

[​IMG]

She comes out, screams bloody murder and then goes back and sits on that nest, puffs up an hisses at us. If I dont fix her a hamburger or tuna patty PDQ, then katy bar the door.

Lily is a perpetual ham. She STILL gives this look all the time. Poor baby isnt getting near enuff attention with mom needing 24/7 care.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as far as the keep away, you wouldnt believe it, but Dash won.... lol

A funny pic of Lily trying to get Dash up to play, when Dash just wanted to relax...This is before broody...

"Get UP, c'mon, your being boring..."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Love that last pic. Dash looks like, "I cant heeeear yoooouuuu!"

9. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Great pics! How funny to see them in the sink! [​IMG]

10. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I wish I coulda snapped a photo today of my BO roo. I had thrown a cardboard box with hole in the top of it on my porch today and he had squished himself down into it like a broody hen. I walked by thinking that hen has an awfully large comb, then when he tried to get out of the box realized it was the roo. Weird behavior for a roo! But it looked hilarious and your pics of chickens sitting in odd places cracked me up. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by