Speckledhen...yooooohooooo where are you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cetawin, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Okay, as soon as I finish Suede and QueenScoot's dreamcatcher, I am starting on Cheyenne's xmas gift....I purchased 18" quilt blocks in a mare and foal pattern and two pillowcases to hand embroider for her room....

ahem may I commission your quilting expertise to put it together for me? I will send you everything you need or ask for...coordinating fabric, monies for whatever batting thread etc etc. I will even make the topper and the back if you need or want me too.

Here is a picture of the two packages so you can see the design....

quilt block package

[​IMG]

pillowcase package

[​IMG]

I just do not have the room to do it..too many danged people in and out of here too. LOL

Let me know if you'd be interested in working on it with me. It does not have to be done by xmas either.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Sweetie, you have an inflated idea of my talents, I fear! They don't equal your beading expertise by a long shot. So, you want me to put them together and quilt them for you, then bind the quilt? Hmm. We'll have to talk about it a bit more before I can say I could even attempt this. How many 18" blocks do you have?

3. speckledhen

You will not believe this, Ladyhawk. For the first time in years, tonight, I picked up a stack of my old quilt magazines. The first one I opened and thumbed through was the Spring 1994 issue (the premiere issue of that mag) of "Big Block Quilts". On page 57 is that exact block you have! [​IMG] What a bizarre coincidence! It's an article about a man who retired from the navy and started quilting. Says he found a set of Horsehead blocks in a quilt shop in Missouri, bought them and embroidered them by hand. Amazing. [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I shall give you a call...a no I do not have an "an inflated idea of your talents", I have seen the quilts you have done so HA take that. [​IMG]

I would gladly put the the blocks together if that is your wish and make the bottom...I would leave the putting it together to you. Right now I barely enough room for my small portable singer machine. But I can use the bar in my kitchen/diningroom to put the pieces together...I just do not have the room to put it together with batting and move it to do the binding.

If you really do not feel comfy doing it, I will understand I just thought it would make it all the more special because "Aunt Cyn" helped. hehehehehe She has adopted you so you'd better get used to it. LOL

That is neat about the magazine...I bought 2 packages of 6 quilt blocks and thinking maybe I would have a few extra and could make her some matching shams. She has a twin so I do not think 12 blocks would be necessary to make the quilt. hahahaha

I shall call you tomorrow and harrass errr I mean discuss it with you. [​IMG] Chy just walked by and I shooed her away and she yelled "Tell Aunt Cyn HI". hahahahahaha

PS: Quilting is not my thing unless it has fur on it and I must kill it first [​IMG] or my great grandmother is sitting there harping on me to "LADY you WILL pay attention, DO IT RIGHT....DO IT AGAIN CHILD!"

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    ohhh can't wait to see it.............. you are all so talented!

6. speckledhen

We have to do some errands this morning, but call me later and we'll discuss this. I'd love to help my adopted niece, but just am leery of committing to anything where I may disappoint her at all. We'll talk, though. [​IMG]

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    LOL EC I am sure you have talents you are hiding from us all.

Cyn, you are furtunate...Cheyenne is not easily disappointed. We could give it to her lopsided and she would love it. She loves anything someone makes for her...and she keeps the stuff too.

Yeah I know you are out running around, I called you at 7:40 am my time and Suede answered. [​IMG] By the way...he raided the refrigerator and he begged me not to tell you. I explained I was a mama and you had to know. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  8. speckledhen

Quote:LOL, funny! A BYCer came yesterday to pick up some hatching eggs from me and brought a coworker with her. Her friend was amazed at Suede and just gushed over him. I could just see his head swelling up--he crowed over and over and over for her.

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    As soon as my mouthy husband who NEEEEEEEEEEEVER talks on the phone (so he says) gets off the phone....I will call you. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: