Speckledhen, Your Stink-Eye is Ready!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by LarryPQ, Jul 30, 2010.

1. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

Cyn-

Seriously, I did not need another hobby. [​IMG] The blame for this one rests SOLELY on your shoulders. All those beautiful quilts you and the other quilting artistas keep showing off... Now I am knee deep in fabics, thread, ideas, and cutie-patotiee decorative elements. I spent every lunch hour this week bloodying my poor little fingers, finishing up this travesty. I haven't sewn since I was a brownie!

Now I know why they call them seamSTRESSes.

Stink-eye, coming your way.

But, since we have gathered for my little rant, here is my second quilt. Simple, but it is for a 4-week-old. I suppose he wont care during tummy-time [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Love the colors, especially the second one! I'll take full credit for releasing another quilter on the world. [​IMG]

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] The back of the baby quilt (the rainbow part) was fun to make, allthough my 4-year-old scolded me for forgetting the "biolet" and "porple" colors, "like real rainbows, up in the sky?".

I just saw you posted an auction for that LOVELY table runner you had been working on.

WHY, WHY Do I let myself start new hobbies? WHHHHYY?!

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Let me first say I am not a quilter.

WOW, I think it is lovely! I could never make something like that and have it look so good on my second or even twenty-second try. [​IMG] I love the back (that is the back right??).

Your bloody fingers should be proud! [​IMG]

Oops I see it is the back - I am a slow typer. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    could never make something like that and have it look so good

Sure you could...and there is a good reason those pics are not high-res or close-up. Good thing babies mostly see contrast [​IMG]

6. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I love it! It's a beautiful quilt - I love all the colors!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think that folks would be very surprised at what they could do. As with every new skill, it takes some practice, especially if you have never been a seamstress (I never did before I began quilting--couldn't sew anything), but you can do it! Start very simple, learn the basic rules like the 1/4" seam allowances, and get started. And I did everything by hand until a year ago when I gave up my hobby due to pain and tingling in my hands, then my fabulous friends surprised me with an easy-to-use computerized Brother machine. Now, I crank out a good bit, even with my carpal tunnel.

8. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I love it!

9. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    oh great. Now I want to learn how to quilt. 'Cuz I needed another hobby. Not.

Anybody into genealogy? Now there's a time eater for ya.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by