SpeckledHens BR's and Shortcakes Dellies PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lanissa86, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Ok, its been awhile since I last posted something on here! SO, here are 2 BR pullets and my Handsome BR Roo TUX and 2 Delaware pullets from Shortcake... Sorry Dial-up lots of pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ursusarctosana

ursusarctosana Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    Your rooster is a handsome fella! He has a beautiful comb.

3. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Yes I love his Comb as well, Its weird the way his Barring is looking though. As a youngster he had such perfect Barring and now it looks so Broken up! Hopefully he makes good looking babies soon! lol. Cynthia, in case your wondering, Tux is from Amanda's Big Egg you sent! [​IMG]

4. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    So does anyone think they look close to laying? These Girls need to start paying up! lol. [​IMG]

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:He looks kind of like Cyn's Zane. Who is his daddy?

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi, Lanissa. You know, Tux has a nice comb and a nice balanced head. His barring is a bit messy. You never know how that will come out. Some of Hawkeye and Dutch's sons have excellent barring, but Tux's is more like Zane's and Hawkeye's. Even then, he's a handsome boy. Dutch is his daddy.
    Those girls do look close to laying; I forget, how old are they now? If you look at FrontPorchIndiana's rooster, Bob, he is Hawkeye's son and his barring is really great, so it just varies. Dutch's is good, but Zane's and Mace's are a messy/cuckoo. If you aren't showing, no problem. How is his temperament?

7. Lanissa86

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Cyn, his Temperment is wonderful so Far. No problems he is a sweethheart and great with the ladies, all though I have not seen him dance for them or anything else with them. I thought for sure he was of age to be more interested in them. They are about 22 weeks old now. I sure hope they are close! I sure have seen pics of Bob as well and my my That is a Handsome Fella! Glad you got the chance to see your granbabies! The 2 BR girls names are Betty and Hilda like the show "Ugly Betty". Betty has the messy comb and Hilda has the straight comb. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by