1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Speckles, Mille Fluer D'Uccle

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Critter Crazy, May 22, 2007.

1. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Speckles, just arrived today, I got her from Fellow member Picco, and she is just a doll! I am in love! [​IMG] She did fabulous on the two Hour ride, back to my place, just sat and relaxed. I took her into her temporary home, till she can be introduced to the others, and she jumped right in the nest box and laid me an egg![​IMG] She is a very friendly girl,a nd spent quite some time perched on my arm. well enough jabbering here are some pics I got of her today.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course a pic of the lovely egg she laid for me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW, she IS gorgeous! Congrats! [​IMG]

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

She's a cutie! I just love my little d'uccle.

4. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    She is beautiful. I would guess and by the way I am no expert on the mille fleurs that she is probably over a year cause they generally gon't get such beautiful coloring untill later. You will have to get a mille fleur rooster as the world can't have enough of these comical and funny little critters! And boy can they make a racket too. For a small bird they can really screech. Freebie has 5 hens and I love to death!

5. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:She is actually an older hen, guessing about 6-7 yrs old. I do have a roo, he is only 8 weeks old tho. [​IMG] But she is also a good broody.

6. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Very pretty! Great, now I want D'uccles, too!!!

7. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    WOW! She is lovely! Congratulations [​IMG]

8. Freebie

Freebie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Quote:She is actually an older hen, guessing about 6-7 yrs old. I do have a roo, he is only 8 weeks old tho. [​IMG] But she is also a good broody.

Yes, I have 5. Unforturnately I lost my rooster to my dog last year. RIP little Angus. 2 of them are broody right now sitting on 5 standard eggs together. They look so cute sharing the nest. I am just going to let them be at this point. They don't fight each other and they don't peck me when I check for new eggs everday. I am not even sure if the eggs are fertile or not. But eveyone leaves them alone. Well Lucky the alpha hen still lays an egg everyday in their nest. I have marked the ones they are sitting on so I just grab the new one everyday.

I may have to get them a little rooster someday

9. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Congratulations. I really like these birds, and also got another one this year. They are comical and she instantly got along with the rest of the flock. She is the only bantam with the standards right now, but she doesn't seem to mind at all. She was broody also, but no fertile eggs for her to sit on.[​IMG] Have fun with her, I'm sure she will be a great addition to the flock.

10. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Great looking bird! I'm looking into getting a Millie rooster from a friend. Anyone know what happens if they breed with Easter eggers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by