Specs

Ronaldkirkwood

Hatching
12 Years
Mar 18, 2007
Hi folks i'm new here and at raising chickens, but this web site gives me great encouragment.

I would like to know if the people that built Monaca's chicken coup could give me some dimensions?
We love your design but i want to house 6 hens in this space and would lke to know if this coup would be big enough?

I live where there are numerous racoons, fox and coyote. Should i wrap the exterior in electric fence?

thanks greatly
Ron

You could use electric fencing around the bottom of the coop, some people will also do it around the top. Or you could put one to two feet of fencing on the ground around the coop, and that will keep them from digging under.

Thank you so much. I was trying to avoid placing fence in the ground because i wnt to keep it mobile.

But i really need some idea of dimensions. Ist it 16 X 6? 16X8? How high? 4foot or 5 foot to bottom of roof?

I'm a carpenter so i can pobaly guess, but i would rather have dimensions that have proven to work..

We are already in love with our chicks, and if we are sucessful with these layers we are already thinking about meat chicks.

Thanks again,
Ron

Back
Top Bottom