1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Spent the day gardening

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Got everybody outside yesterday and started our garden. DH wanted to enlarge it this year so it took some time starting the seedlings. We planted 2 types of corn,4 kinds of squash,string beans,peas,brocolli,cauliflower,watermelon,cukes,
    tomatoes,pumpkins,3 kinds of lettuce, collards,turnipswith more to come. Of course its very warm here yesterday topped 80 Sorry for all you snow birds your spring will come.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  3. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    You are so lucky! It was beautiful here yesterday ......in the upper 60's, but we may get anywhere from 3-7" of snow in the next few days.....it's dropped to the 30's now. [​IMG]

Where are you in Fla? I grew up in NW Fla. I can't wait to get in the garden. Mine's a mess right now.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my portable greenhouse out and up yesterday to start my garden [​IMG] sure wish spring was here.....snowing out today

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    We still have a couple of feet of snow on the ground, we won't be gardening anytime soon:hit
    Soak up some of the warmth for me ok! Enjoy!
    Think spring Think spring Think spring![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by