Spiders and other bugs in the house

snmartinez

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 29, 2014
Baker, California
We have an absurd amount of spiders and other bugs in our house right now, is there anything I can do to get rid of them that will not harm my flock outside? They are allowed to free range they eat bugs, so I am worried about them eating bugs that could be poisoned but it is getting bad with the bugs in the house. Any advice will help thank you. If you have questions I can give more information if needed.

Diatomaceous earth took care of our spiders and the fleas our new stray kitty brought in. Make sure you get food grade DE. Any feed store should carry it. I sprinkled it lightly into the carpet and swept it in good with the broom. Let it sit for a few days then vacuum. Just be careful. Its a bit dusty until it settles and you don't want anybody sucking in fumes. It takes a few weeks to work. Get nooks and crannies good. Put it under furniture and cushions. Best of all it won't hurt the chickies. I put it in my coop in case mites try to move in. I also mix it in some sand and they dust bathe in it. Its nontoxic and kills bugs by cutting them and dehydrating them. Some people feed it to pets as they say it controls internal parasites but I've never done that. Just don't get it damp or it won't work.

Sorry if you received this reply more than once. Computer is screwy this morning. I would move them to another room til the dust settles. And don't leave piles of it laying around. Make sure you sweep it all down into the carpet good.

Back
Top Bottom