Spike and His Sister, Sage, just went to a new home..in Massachusetts!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Sep 1, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

popcornpuppy from BYC sent her awesome, wonderful, supportive and very nice husband down from Massachusetts...yes, he drove straight through from Massachusetts to pic up a few dozen Delaware and BBS Orp hatching eggs, as well as my young BR pair, Spike and Sage, who are seven weeks old. We had a great time and sat and talked awhile so we could pump Mr. popcornpuppy full of caffeine for the trip back, LOL.

Spike and Sage put on the biggest show, crawling up our arms, sitting on our shoulders and chattering almost non-stop.

We took our visitor out to the Delaware coop to see Isaac and his ladies, who will be the parents their new Delawares. It had been dark for awhile, but we have lights in there. You should have seen that bunch squinting in the sudden light and Isaac looking like, hey, we're sleeping here, people! I reached over and scratched that big old rooster on the chest to show what a sweetie he was and after come coffee for the road, our visitor left for home with Spike, Sage, three and a half dozen eggs and a half of a freshly made Lemon Pound Cake.

Thanks so much, Kathy and Jim, for giving the kids a great new home! [​IMG]

2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Shweet!

3. speckledhen

Ok, when can I expect you over from Arkansas? [​IMG]

4. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    In about 6-7 months at the latest. Oh you know I'll be over there! Especially if you make lemon pound cake!

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    What......no pics [​IMG]

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Awwww! How heartwarming is this?! I've had the honor of meeting 3 members from BYC so far and stories like these just warm the cockles of my heart!

You know that your babies are going to a good home when they're adopted by another member of BYC.

7. speckledhen

It was so late and the house, even with lights on, is too dark to take pics with my old digital camera. It needs lots of light to make a good picture or I would have.

Most visitors who drive long distances get Lemon Pound Cake. [​IMG]

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Oh great.......now i'm hungry [​IMG]

9. popcornpuppy

popcornpuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Holland, Massachusetts
    Well, when I heard that speckledhen had Delaware eggs (real nice ones) that were headed for the fridge if no one claimed them, I cringed. How can we save this wonderful breed if they never get hatched? [​IMG]
    And I'll be real lucky if the lemon pound cake makes it back to MA.

10. speckledhen

Gee, maybe I should have sent the entire cake along with him, rather than just half! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by